And the Winners are...

So! As I mentioned earlier this week, I was bestowed with the great honor of the Versatile Blogger Award by the great Lyn Midnight who indeed has her own blog you should definitely check out. Also, she just so happens to be @lympha13 on Twitter, and is indeed an amazing Tweep to connect with. Plus she’s a writer (of COURSE) which makes her doubly cool in my book. 

NOT ONLY THAT, but she’s a Harry Potter fan (like me) and an Avatar fan (like me) and likes sci-fi (like me) AND is just an all-around nice person. Can’t go wrong there.


ANYWAY! Awards make me pretty happy inside. But I also like giving them as much as I like receiving them, so here we go!

Oh wait! First there are rules. *sigh* After all, with every gift comes a great respon…yeah ok here they are:

The rules:

1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to 5 new-found blogging buddies.
4. Contact the winners to congratulate them.

I’m personally going to say don’t feel obligated to do so…because that makes the whole award thing…not as fun. And I’d rather this not look like spam. Spam is no fun.

Spreading the love however, is lots of fun. So HERE WE GO!

Oh maaaan! Seven whole random facts! Alright, alright, here we go:
  1. Aside from being a crazy writer-person, I’m also a Photoshop nut. I love Photoshop. It’s unhealthy really, my love for such an expensive little piece of software. But like reading and writing, I will never abandon it.
  2. I love technology way too much. I love living in an age where new tech comes out every few years and I get ridiculously excited when the newest iPods/iPads/Macbooks/TVs/Cameras come out. It’s probably a good thing I don’t have the funds to buy big-ticket items or my wallet would cry every time the newest thing was released.
  3. I have a dog. He’s a Yorkie and his name is Tye. I tweet about him from time to time, but the spambots tend to attack when I do, so I try not to mention him too often. He’s also insanely adorable.
  4. I suspect I might be a little OCD and I’m definitely a perfectionist. This makes editing kind of hellish since I never know if I’ve made it “good enough.” Part of the problem is that “good enough” is never good enough for a perfectionist. Ay, that be the rub.
  5. I like to read serial killer novels and I’ve even ventured into a haunted house horror novel with a crazy murderer and creepy tenants and the whole nine-yards. However, I’m a HUGE coward when it comes to movies. I’ve never watched a horror movie in my life and I never will. I haven’t even watched The Dark Knight because the Joker always creeped me out.
  6. If you haven’t noticed already, I am an enormous Ted Dekker fan. I own every single one of his twenty some-odd novels and pre-order his books before I even know what they’re about. If you like excitement, thrillers, or awesome fantasy, definitely check him out.
  7. I don't like long paragraphs. Not when I'm writing and not when I'm reading. Long paragraphs = evil.

     YAY! Glad that’s over with. *phew*

Anyway. The reason you’re here. THE SUPER-FANTABULOUS WINNERS! YAY!

Confetti! Party horns! GLITTER! (Hey I’m not cleaning it up. Make whatever mess you’d like).

THE WINNERS! In no particular order! 
  1. Ara Grigorian— Ara is another one of those really awesome people I’ve been fortunate enough to meet on Twitter, where he goes by @araTHEwriter (*hint hint*). He is also, as you probably guessed by his awesome Twitter tag, a fantabulous writer. His blog, The Rookie Scrivener is well-written, informative and occasionally has awesome pictures of the French Opera. Check it out to see what I mean.
  2. Jessica LeiJessica’s blog is beautifully designed (something that attracted me to it right from the beginning), she’s a writer (of course!) and she just so happens to be a wonderful follow on Twitter (@leijessica). She has just over a hundred followers on her blog and they are all well deserved. I love her blog, her writing, her style and her competitions. Yes. There are competitions. And prizes. I’ve yet to win one, but I am determined. 

    Maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned that. You might be my future competition. Hmm.

  3.       Tammara Webber— So Tammara is yet another very awesome Tweep. Seriously, Twitter is bursting at the seams with amazing people. Follow her on Twitter (@TammaraWebber) not just because I told you to, but because she’s a super-nice person with a lot to offer.

    Her blog, A Room of My Own, is also very nicely designed and especially informative if you are even considering self-publishing. Tammara’s book Between the Lines is up on Amazon and B&N and she talks about her experiences with self-publishing on her blog. Very useful information awaits!

  4.           Joseph Eastwood—Joseph is awesome. Period. He’s a great writer, an aspiring author who plans to self-publish this Fall, active on Twitter and always, always encouraging. I don’t know what it is about Twitter, but it’s chock full of amazing people and Joseph is one of them. His blog has some great content worth frequenting.

    Plus he writes poems, which is pretty freaking cool.

    Definitely follow him on Twitter (@Joe_Eastwood) and while you’re at it take a look at his blog. Seriously, you won’t regret it.

  5.       Mia Hayson—Something I love about Mia’s blog is her graphics. She has the funniest little graphs and pictures she includes with her blog and make me smile every time. You should follow her because her blog has a lot of pretty colors. JUST KIDDING! Her blog DOES have a lot of pretty colors but beyond that, her posts are interesting, funny and insightful. Definitely worth checking out.

    And coincidentally, she TOO is on the Twitter! Follow her at: @MiaHayson

So congratulations winners! Go forth and spread the love!

6 comments:

Mia Hayson said...

OMG! Thankees! This is awesome! Congrats to the others too, they're all super cool people.

:)

I totes know what you mean about perfectioning in writing, I never want to STOP editing because good enough is not enoughhhh.

Gabe (Ava Jae) said...

You're welcome Mia! You completely deserve it! ^_^

Yay! Another writer-perfectionist! May we tear through our drafts countless times together!

Joseph said...

Thanks Ava =] I'm following the rest of the guys xD they all seem really good, and I'm the only guy here :O...well I don't know many guys who write :P

Gabe (Ava Jae) said...

Lol you're welcome (and congratulations! Seriously you deserve it!), but you're actually not the only guy here...Ara's a guy! Lulz.

Joseph said...

I'm sorry Ara, I actually double checked as well, but there are more girls so my comment isn't all that redundant :)

Thanks for that Ava!

Ara Grigorian said...

You guys are too funny! I'm surprised I don't suffer from some form of gender confusion :)

Ava, you rock! I appreciate your thoughts and words greatly.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...